beaded accessories, boho chic, dress for less, fashionjenn, hottest spring fashions, i kat skirts, re-styled clothing, shopping on a budget, style on a budget, summer wardrobe updates, update your look for less
*What do with last years wardrobe favorites?
Now that the weather is getting warmer, it’s time to pack up the sweaters and jackets and pull out our favorite summer clothes… (and of course do some shopping!)
While having lunch with my best friend Babs, she mentioned that she had several summer skirts
in her wardrobe and was tired of wearing them with the same old tops and accessories from last year.
I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make her the subject of my first wardrobe re-style segment.
Take her three skirts and update them for this season
1. Budget friendly: Purchase new pieces that are on trend as opposed to staple investment pieces.
2. Multiple use: New items must also compliment other outfits currently in her wardrobe.
3. Re-use: Re-incorporate some accessories from her personal collection to compliment the looks.
Item to re-style:
Black and White I-Kat Skirt – $0
What we purchased:
1. Lightweight loose woven summer sweater in lime green from Forever 21 – $12.95
2. Beaded sandals from Ross – $12.99
3. Handbag – The Blakeman Bag by Fashionjenn (Already in her wardrobe) – $0
4. Wooden Bracelets (Already in her wardrobe) – $0
5. Beaded Pendant Necklace from Forever 21 – $9.50
6. Multi-colored seed bead strand (Already in her wardrobe) -$0
7. Seed bead collar Young’s Beauty Supply – $1.99
Grand Total: $37.43
After our shopping trip I thought it would be fun to photograph our purchases and make a inspirational style board to share! The lime green sweater was one of my favorite finds, it’s super lightweight and will look great with a pair of boyfriend jeans. The sandals are cute and trendy and compliment several maxi dresses Bab’s already owns…and you can’t beat the price! Our two new necklaces were inexpensive and paired with a string of long seed beads the three pieces make a bold boho-chic statement.
The whole look is easy and comfortable, perfect for a weekend shopping trip or a casual alfresco dinner. I think our mission was a great success and Bab’s has a fabulous new look for spring!
So now it’s your turn, grab you best shopping buddy, few items from your closet and give it a shot. I’d love to see what you come up with!
Check back with us next week when we tackle two more budget re-styles.